Monday, October 18, 2010

"To Be Saved"


New original song lyrics written today.

Lyrics:

I won't believe in fairy tales and dreams when I can see the seams
Lights are deceiving - just another pawn to distract us from what's wrong
I don't want to be saved...

Chorus:
We're not weak, you see. We're all strong.
We need all these curtains down.
Hide the charades away.
Challenge everything. Fight the air you breathe.
Inhibitions - fly, life will blow you away.
We can't all be nodding our heads...or we'll miss everything.

I know the secret but can't make you hear it. Love's breaking my spirit.
Irons and shackles are only as tough as you give them credit for.
Find no peace in a cage...

Chorus: 1x

Bridge:
There's spots on the ceiling.
The red dye is bleeding.
I'm planting the seed in the back of your mind.

If you won't heed it,
No flower can grow.
Perhaps you know better than to reap what I sow...

You don't want to be saved.....

Chorus: 1x
...we can't all be nodding our heads...or we'll miss everything.

==================================================
On that note, I wanted to mention that I am happy. Live music is invigorating to say the least and I've been trying to fill my life with it as much as possible. I can't and I won't let myself lose sight of my own goals... I have so much to share with everyone! It makes me crazy when I write a new song and have no one to share it with. This one in particular won't be heard until its debut tomorrow night at the open mic at Perks and Corks in downtown Westerly, RI! There is nothing sweeter than to be drowning in a sea of music.

No comments:

Here I Am

My photo
Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
Life without music is like a movie without a soundtrack. Without one another, neither would be complete.