Sunday, December 5, 2010

Plans for the coming months....


So 2011 is looking good :)


I have been making some great plans for music. I suppose I should start at the beginning...


EARLY 2011


I have released my 4 song EP Droplets locally for sale at all my gigs. I have 2 full length albums in the works as well. One is being recorded by a good friend of mine, Neil Anthes, who has much knowledge of the science and art of sound recording and I'm lucky to have his help on the project. That album will be comprised of what I consider to be all my most promising songs thus far and the ones I deem worthy of the time and effort of recording "properly". This album will be named REASON FOR RAIN and will feature many musicians that I have had the pleasure of working with over the years. The second album I am working on is being recorded by yours truly in my bedroom in little ol' Westerly, RI. The songs chosen for this album were what I consider to be the glue holding my songwriting together throughout my early years of songwriting and are of personal value to me. The name of this album will be TEMPEST MAKES ME SHIVER.


....Now, do you see a theme? Storms, rain, drops... such is the early years of my songwriting...the road my life took me on since I have been writing as an adult have been stormy at best and it has definitely shaped my songs into melancholy splendor. The songs are my silver lining. The songs are the healing. The songs give me hope and restore. The songs help me gain perspective and help me relate. I absolutely cannot wait to release these albums! They are set for release by early spring 2011. I am recording like crazy and planning all the details.


I will be doing some photo shoots for the albums as well in the meantime. I have some great ideas for the cover art which I am excited about getting started. I have an absolutely fantastic photographer helping me out on that as well. More news on that as it becomes relevant. . .



SUMMER 2011


I am rather antsy about summer arriving because of all the ideas I have rolling around in my crazy brain.


First off I will be playing gigs around my hometown like crazy and hopefully getting in some shows in cities and towns in the close vicinity such as Providence...we'll see. I am also planning on doing some backyard shows featuring many local musical talents as a fundraiser for my autumn 2011 plans....more on that in a moment. Summer in new england is truly beautiful and I am lucky to live here. Outdoor shows will give the musicians and listeners alike to draw inspiration from the gorgeous scenery around us and gather to celebrate it. I also am hoping to put together a mini week-or-so long tour of new england during the summer where I travel to Maine, Vermont, New York, Boston, and perhaps a few others to play some shows for new listeners!


AUTUMN 2011


So....funds raised and plans made with 2 full length albums in tow, I will be setting off for a tour of this beautiful country I live in. I will be stopping in several towns during the journey (currently unbooked! - so if you want me in your town, send me a message and let me know!). I will be making my way slowly but surely towards the much dreamed about California. I will be scoping out towns along the way, specifically on the west coast for possible areas to relocate to in perhaps the following year to pursue my music in an area with optimum opportunities for my personal brand of songwriting and performing. Again, I am open to suggestions. I am in the process of planning the route. As soon as my albums are released I will be sending out press kits to venues along the way in hopes to secure some shows. In all of this, I'm hoping to have some fellow musicians joining me to keep me sane...haha. Also, it's great to share experiences such as travel with friends and its always nice to have some friends along to jam with in downtime when the inspiration hits or a song is just brimming on the edge of completion and absolutely must be shared!




A lot of planning is yet to be done as you can tell, but hopefully things will progress as I stay motivated on this grand path less travelled. I will be updating via blog a bit more frequently as progress is made. I also have a fun mini-project which I will keep as a surprise. Completely not helpful clue: the project will be released simultaneously with the self recorded album Tempest Makes Me Shiver :) ...Guesses??? haha


I'll leave this post at that. Oh, and I'm working on a way to may my EP Droplets available in physical form by directly ordering from me...I'll let you know when it's available so that you can all get a sneak peak at the sort of things I've been working on and tide you over til the other albums are released to complete the set :)


Much love for all the support,


kori.eryn


Here's a link to the video for my newest original "If I've Been There...(California)"







No comments:

Here I Am

My photo
Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
Life without music is like a movie without a soundtrack. Without one another, neither would be complete.